Monday 3 January 2011

2011 Debut Author Challenge


I'm sure a lot of you have heard of the Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren, I didn't take part in this one last year but I probably did read 12 debut novels.  I thought it would be fun to take part this year - there are so many YA Debuts I'm looking forward to reading that I'll be interested to see how many I actually manage to read!  If you'd like to find out more about the challenge click here

The aim is to read at least 12 YA Debut novels in 2011 but I'm hoping to read more than that.  The list below shows some of the books I'm hoping to read and I'll add links to my reviews as and when I post them.  The list may well change and I'll add others as I discover them.
  1. Artichoke Hearts - Sita Brahmachari
  2. The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff
  3. Birthmarked - Caragh O'Brien
  4. Blood Magic - Tessa Gratton
  5. Clash - Colin Mulhern
January (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Entangled - Cat Clarke
  2. Paranormalcy - Kiersten White
  3. The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney
  4. Long Reach - Peter Cocks
February (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Wereworld: Rise of the Wolf - Curtis Jobling
  2. Across the Universe - Beth Revis
  3. Siren - Tricia Rayburn
  4. The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
March (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Eighth Grade Bites - Heather Brewer
  2. Department 19 - Will Hill
April (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Between Shades of Gray - Ruta Sepetys
  2. Firelight - Sophie Jordan
UPDATE 24th April - Although I have completed the challenge set by Kristi & read 12 debuts this year there are loads more that I want to read so I'm going to keep updating this list & see how many I can actually get through

May (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent
  2. Dead Beautiful - Yvonne Woon
  3. Flip - Martyn Bedford
  4. Small Blue Thing - S.C. Ransom
June (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Divergent - Veronica Roth
  2. My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece - Annabel Pitcher
  3. Tiger's Curse - Colleen Houck
  4. Darkness Becomes Her - Kelly Keaton
  5. Dark Ride - Caroline Green
July (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Long Lankin - Lindsey Barraclough
August (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Six Days - Philip Webb
  2. Fury - Elizabeth Miles
September (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Hunting Lila - Sarah Alderson
  2. The Gallows Curse - Andrew Hammond
  3. Dearly Departed - Lia Habel
October (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. A Long, Long Sleep - Anna Sheehan
  2. Touch of Frost - Jennifer Estep
November (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. Die For Me - Amy Plum
  2. One Seriously Messed-Up Week in the Otherwise Mundane & Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite - Tom Clempson
  3. Blood - K.J. Wignall
December (see links to other participant's reviews here)
  1. The Girl in the Steel Corset - Kady Cross
  2. The Truth About Celia Frost - Paula Rawsthorne
  3. Unearthly - Cynthia Hand
  4. Soul Beach - Kate Harrison
  5. Dark Inside - Jeyn Roberts
  6. Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson
  7. Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon
  8. We Can Be Heroes - Catherine Bruton
  9. Wildefire - Karsten Knight
  10. Spellbound - Cara Lynn Shultz
  11. Socks Are Not Enough - Mark Lowery
  12. Forsaken - Jana Oliver
  13. Tempest Rising - Tracy Deebs
  14. Virals - Kathy Reichs
  15. Undead - Kirsty McKay
  16. Deception - Lee Nichols
  17. Angel's Fury - Bryony Pearce
  18. Forgotten - Cat Patrick

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for joining the challenge! happy reading and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the effort you go to to organise the challenge Kristi, I can't even imagine how much work must be involved! I'm really looking forward to taking part :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails