Sunday 25 July 2010

Review: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night - Kresley Cole

UK Cover
Her breathless kiss haunts him...
Bowen MacRieve of the Lykae clan was nearly destroyed when he lost the one woman meant for him. The ruthless warrior grew even colder, never taking another to his bed - until a smoldering encounter with his enemy, Mariketa the Awaited, reawakens his darkest desires. When sinister forces unite against her, the Highlander finds himself using all his strength and skill to keep her alive.

His slow, hot touch is irresistible...
Temporarily stripped of her powers, Mari is forced to take refuge with her sworn adversary. It's rumored that no one can tempt Bowen's hardened heart, but soon passion burns between them.  Though a future together is impossible, she fears he has no intention of letting her go.

No deed is too wicked for her seduction...
If they defeat the evil that surrounds them, can Mari deny Bowen when he demands her body and soul - or will she risk everything for her fierce protector?

Immortals After Dark Series:
The Warlord Wants Forever (Novella in the Playing Easy to Get anthology)
A Hunger Like No Other
No Rest for the Wicked
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
Dark Needs at Night's Edge
Dark Desires After Dusk
Kiss of a Demon King
Untouchable (Published in the Deep Kiss of Winter Anthology)
Pleasure of a Dark Prince
Demon from the Dark
Dreams of a Dark Warrior
Lothaire
Shadow's Claim (The Dacians book 1)
MacRieve
Dark Skye

For more information visit Kresley Cole's website

Review:
Bowen is taking part in the Talisman's Hie (the immortal version of the amazing race) hoping to win a prize that will let him go back in time to save the life of his mate Mariah who died in a tragic accident years ago.  Bowen has grieved and searched for a way to save her ever since but this is the closest he has ever come to making his dream come true and he is determined to win at any cost. Mariketa (Mari) is a witch who is also entered in the contest, hoping to prove her ability to the rest of her race. When Bowen is attracted to Mari, the first time he has felt something for anyone since he lost is mate, he believes she must have cast a spell on him. Disgusted with himself for feeling attracted to her he traps her, along with other participants in the Hie and leaves her. When her family threaten war against the Lykae (werewolves) if she is not safely returned to them he has no choice but to rescue her and bring her home. Can he get her back in time? Will she remove the spell she has cast on him? Will he find a way to bring Mariah back to him or will his attraction to Mari win over the desire to find his lost love?

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night is the third book in the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole and I would recommend reading the series in order. We have already met Bowen in the previous books and this book does actually start before the ending of the previous one allowing us to see the same events from a different perspective. If you've not already read book 2 (No Rest for the Wicked) this story would include spoilers.

I have to say that I put off starting this book because I didn't think I was going to like Bowen much from what I've seen of him in previous stories. I wish I'd read it sooner because I actually found myself really liking him. This is one of my favourite books in the series so far & Bowen is up there with the best of Kresley Cole's heroes. I also really liked Mari, she is a powerful witch but is still young and learning how to use her powers. She comes across as quite vulnerable at times but she is also prepared to fight back when she needs to. I enjoyed watching the relationship developing between them and there were times when I really wasn't sure how they would manage to sort things out.

I have to mention how much I liked the demons Rydstrom and Cade, I'm really hoping that we'll get to read both of their stories later on in the series! Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night was a great instalment to a series that I'm liking more and more with every book. If you've not yet discovered the series then I'd recommend it to all fans of paranormal romance, especially if you like an action packed plot to go along with the romance. Although I felt the series got off to a bit of a shaky start it is improving with every book and I'm looking forward to seeing where Kresley Cole takes us next.

Source: Library

Other Reviews:
If you have reviewed this book on your blog please leave a link to your review in the comments & I'll add the link here.

US Cover
Paperback / Kindle:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I dont read the review till finish as I plan to read the book soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darlyn, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :o) I'll look forward to reading your review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails