Friday 8 January 2010

Terry Pratchett 2010 Challenge

I probably shouldn't be signing up for any more challenges this year but when I saw this Terry Pratchett 2010 challenge hosted by Marg at Reading Adventures I couldn't resist signing up!  I just love Terry Pratchett's books & have read most of his Discworld novels over the years.  I've been wanting to re-read them for some time so this gives me a good excuse to go back to them.

The challenge will start from 1 December 2009 and run through to 30 November 2010. There are several different levels of participation for you to choose from:

1-3 books - Cashier at Ankh-Morpork Min
4-5 books - Guard of the City Watch
6-8 books - Academic at the Unseen University
9-10 books - Member of Granny Weatherwax's Coven
10-12 books - Death's Apprentice

You can either be reading the books for the first time, rereading, or even watching the TV adaptations if you like! As long as everyone has fun I will be happy! Please also do not feel limited to only reading the Discworld books as any books by Terry Pratchett will count for this challenge.

I think I'll aim for 12 books - I'd love to be Death's Apprentice - he's one of my favorite characters lol.
  1. Nation
  2. The Wee Free Men
  3. A Hat Full of Sky
  4. Wintersmith
  5. I Shall Wear Midnight
Update 23rd October - I don't think I'm going to have time to read many more books in this challenge so I'm going to stick at 5 books & become a Guard of the City Watch.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just checking out your blog... Very nice! I had to comment here... I used to obsess over the Disc World books. I collected like 20 or more back about 8 years ago. I finally sold them to our local used book store earlier this winter. I did keep my favorite - it's not disc world, but I LOVE Good Omens. Such a fabulous book. I never knew there were TV adaptations!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, thanks for your lovely comment & becoming a follower :o) I really love your blog & have a feeling you're going to be adding quite a few books to my wishlist LOL. I love Terry Pratchett but haven't read most of them for years so I'm looking forward to re-reading some them for the challenge. Trouble is I've got so many new books on my TBR pile I've not had much time for re-reading LOL. I don't know if I've actually read Good Omens, I'll have to try & get hold of a copy to read :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails