Thursday 14 January 2010

L.J. Smith Reading Challenge - Vampire Diaries

The L.J Smith reading challenge is hosted by Amy and you can find the details here.  The first challenge is to read all the books in the Vampire Diaries series, other series by L.J Smith will be covered in future challenges after this one has finished.  I have already read the first 4 books but book 5 is released in the UK tomorrow so I was planning on re-reading the series before reading the new installment so I thought I'd join the challenge.

The books in the series are:
The Awakening
The Struggle
The Fury
Dark Reunion
The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Nightfall

I will add links to my reviews when I have read them & you can see reviews by others taking part in the challenge here

Update 23rd October - I've decided I'm not going to take part in this challenge after all.  I just don't have time at the moment to reread books I've already read when I have so many new books to look forward to.  I'm still planning on getting back to this series eventually (especially as I've brought both of the new books) but I don't think it will be until next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I love L.J. Smith's books and think it's messed up she can't write The Vampire Diaries anymore!

    I thought you and your readers might want to read this: “I fought tooth and nail to write those books--I fought until my agent wouldn't support me, when she said I would be sued and she wouldn't fight with me anymore, and I WROTE Phantom. But instead of edits what I got back was a letter to Clare the ghostwriter telling her to completely change my book. I HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER. I was deceived by Alloy and got no support from Harper.”

    That is posted on ljanesmith.net in the latest guestbook by the author and she asked us fans there to help spread the word so people know she didn't just give up The Vampire Diaries it was taken from her.

    You've got a great looking blog here by the way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails